5 Ecofriendly Tips To Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi This Year
Aug 23, 2016
The most awaited festival of Aamchi Mumbai is just around the corner! Have you selected your Ganesh murthi, decorators, caterers, guestlist, etc. yet? Well, let’s just hope you haven’t… Because DezignGenie.com has got you ecofriendly, yet gorgeous suggestions to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi this year! Invite and bedazzle your guests with a fun-filled and stylish occasion. Get ready to flaunt your swanky home decorating skills with the environment friendly tips below:
- Ganesh murthi: Beginning with the most imperative one for the celebration – the statue! In trying to become a part of the rat race of buying the most expensive and scintillating idols, we often overlook the aftermath of this uninformed excitement. Did you know the Plaster of Paris (PoP) Ganpati idols take several months, or sometimes even years to dissolve complete? Let’s reduce the burden on our Mother Nature, and use clay statues painted with lead and mercury free colours! And guess what – the seasonal trend of matte finish and using warm colour palettes is only going to facilitate your win for the most stylish Ganpati decoration of the year!
Ganesh Murthi Made With Clay
- Ceramic Rangoli: Welcome your guests for this celebration with a humble, yet stylish floor mural. Leave the conventional colour powders aside, and use ceramic Rangoli! This will add value to your décor aesthetically, functionally as well as environmentally – modern floor embellishment, enable holding diyas within the Rangoli, and no use of synthetic colours! DG recommends using a lotus-shaped mural to match this with the theme of the occasion.
- Traditional carpets: For this one, hit two birds with one stone. To suit the occasion and provide your guests with for the aarti, lay a traditionally and intricately designed carpet before the Ganesh idol. Here’s the fun bit: you can either complement the subtle colour palette and texture you’ve chosen for your Ganpati or contrast the same with a vibrant combination! This magical carpet for the guests can be reused next year or if it blends well with your décor, let it give your living room a slight face-lift!
Traditonal Carpet With A Contrasting Combination
Traditional Carpet With Darker Colours
Traditional Carpet With Pastel Colours
- Artificial flower decorations: Are you as much in love with florals as we are? Then we’ve got the perfect tip to decorate your Ganpati murthi and pandal! Artificial flowers can look just as real, with an added advantage of sustaining the refreshing look throughout the ten-day festival, and if you’re responsible enough, for the forthcoming occasions of this year!
Artificial Flower Decorations For Ganpati Pandal
- Fairy Lights: What can express beauty in subtlety more than a dainty string of fairy lights? Twist and mould them into any shape and pattern of your creative desire, and watch the lights illuminate your home. Needless to say, these may be reused for your imminent Diwali decorations! Use these soft, yellow lights against the high-voltage LED bulbs and give your living room décor an elegant and environment friendly touch!
Fairy Lights Used In The Background
Fairy Lights Placed Inside Lanterns
Let this article inspire you to be thoughtful, distinctive and “Go Green”, in vogue! For more such tips and trends, visit us on www.DezignGenie.com and follow us on all our social media platforms.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi! Stay Golden!